Sicily is one of the most visited destinations in Italy. The aura of timeless place captivates domestic and foreign tourists alike. In addition, that island touch of 'The Godfather' is a sensational claim for moviegoers. And it is that in Sicily you have the feeling that behind each curve you will find a typical Sicilian town, with its square, its bar and the people of a lifetime watching your movements without losing the smallest detail. You are the attraction of the day.
But Sicily also has large urban centers, like Palermo and Catania, beaches, hiking trails, and, of course, the great volcano of Etna. A giant that has the dubious honor of being one of the most active volcanoes in the world.
To get to Sicily, you can fly to any of its four airports, being the Catania-Fontanarossa Airport The one with the highest traffic of all.
The Greek Theater of Palazzolo Acreide
In 2007, Catania Airport underwent a profound transformation that modernized it considerably.
Catania Airport, which has a single two-story terminal, is located about 7 km south of Catania, being quite easy to make the journey to the city center. Here we leave you information about the different options:
Bus to go from Catania Airport to downtown Catania
The Alibus company covers the route between Catania Airport and the center of the Sicilian city.
- Itinerary: When you go from Catania Airport to the center, you can get off at any of the 15 stops the bus has.
- Frequency: There is a service every 25 minutes, both business days and holidays.
- Journey time: to Catania central train station there are 20 minutes (it is the last stop). The Archi stop is a good place to get off if you want to go anywhere in the center (it is located between Piazza del Duomo and the ferry port of Catania).
- Schedule: The bus runs between 5 am and midnight.
- Prices and tickets: The price of a ticket is € 4 and is valid for any public transport in Catania for the next 90 minutes after validation. They can be purchased directly from the driver, online, at the airport, with the UP Mobile application and in some partner hotels and on board all Ryanair flights arriving at Catania Airport.
- Other data: There is free Wi-Fi connection on the bus.
EXCURSIONS BY SICILY
Make the most of your time in Sicily to the fullest with any of the following guided tours in Spanish and with very good recommendations from its users:
- Palermo private tour
- Palermo tourist bus
- Excursion to Taormina and Castelmola
- Etna and Taormina excursion
- Excursion to Etna + visit to a winery
- Tour of the Godfather stages
- Palermo 3-Hour Gastronomic and Historical Tour
- Palermo private tour with a local
- Cooking class with chef
- Other spectacular excursions in Sicily
Bus from Catania Airport to Syracuse
If you want go directly from Catania Airport to cities such as Syracuse and Ortigia, you can catch an intercity bus.
One leaves every hour, approximately, and the last stop is the Syracuse bus station. The trip takes about an hour and a quarter and the ticket price It is € 6.20 per person (€ 9.60 round trip).
Taxi from Catania Airport to the city center
The easiest way to get from Catania Airport to the city center is by taxi, but the truth is that the thing is really expensive. The journey to Catania takes about 15 minutes and costs about € 25.
Car rental at Catania Airport
Sicily is an island that deserves to be explored thoroughly and without haste. For this, it is best that you rent your own car and travel it thoroughly. At Catania Airport you can rent cars at the offices of companies such as: Sixt, Budget, Italy Car Rent, Locauto Rent, Hertz, Avis, Europcar and others.5.001